Friday 8 December 2017

Saharareporters vs- Sanda's Counsel Daudu SAN: Matters Arising



It is possible Mr JB Daudu SAN took the decision to defend Ms Maryam Sanda lady accused of killing her husband Biliaminu Haliru Bello, after Daudu SAN read me in OurCountryNigeria@yahoogroups.ca  when she was first brought to court.  Let me pause to make an observation. A number of Muslim women don’t change their surnames after marriage Maryam Sanda never bore Haliru Bello’s surname and a number of other Muslim women, Marriage not being slavery sale ala Libya and change to slave master’s name.

My learned lady Maryam  proud of her Father’s name Wali established a foundation in Wali’s name. Espoused to the former Chief Justice of Nigeria Justice Uwais ought to keep it as Maryam Wali-Uwais. Our models for women’s rights sometimes thro’ inadvertence dismantle the rules of gender struggles.

As I was saying JB Daudu SAN now in the Maryam Sanda’s murder case would he, JB Daudu SAN say to C N AJIE ESQ “thank you” for the exposition in public interest advocacy campaigns on this matter? I don’t work for “thank you” though. Take two examples Dr Olusola Saraki’s rise to the senate presidency was tumultuous. My humble self and RULES WATCH advocated respect for s.50 of the CFRN which makes mandatory election of NASS officers by NASS. After that resistance to BAT/PMB’s contrary position I received a nice one line email from Deputy S-P Ike Ekweremadu.  First female CJN Mariam Mukhtar sent a letter following our successful work to let the first female CJN be against interferences by then AGF Adoke SAN. We won. As it transpired AGF Adoke SAN stopped the fees for the court cases  conducted for FGN till date. Despite the law suits were concluded with CTC of the judgment sent to AG’s office.

Another example PDP – But for some PDP was meant to go into comatose and extinction.  You know how much people were afraid of President Buhari bearing in mind arresting and detaining citizens over humongous allegations, country was really gripped in deep fear. People were too scared to write at the time. APC’s intention was to turn Nigeria into a one party state. I resisted it and attempts to turn Buhari into a demi-god foiled. I almost paid the ultimate price for my public interest activities to have Nigeria steered on two major parties instead of killing one party pet there be competition for our democracy to thrive. When I tell people attempts were made to assassinate me but failed, they say why didn’t you stop and I said I will stop or slow down when I see the critical mass and that occurred.  

My Mom in Delta State would call, didn’t listen to family dictating my pace. Uncle Itse Sagay SAN sent one email to join his PACAC efforts an Uncle I respect so much I didn’t. Did PDP thank me? Not even an email. Instead an Ekiti lawyer took the credit. The same Ekiti lawyer in 2008-2012 when I pioneered the struggle against Governors tenure elongation and the Supreme Court vindicated me in Jan 2012   https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/tenure-elongation-judgment-ll-deepen-our-democracy-carol-ajie/

 Ekiti lawyer went and collected a national honours award that was meant for me plus collected huge fees. The same Ekiti lawyer wants Hon Justice Onnoghen CJN to reward him through appointing him to NJC committee for advocating for Onnoghen’s CJN-ship elevation as President Buhari had initially delayed sending His Lordship’s name to the Senate for screening and confirmation. About 4 or 5 of senior lawyers worked on it 2017. I, singlehandedly conducted a similar work 5 years earlier, 2012.
I am Catholic; the Pope on my Facebook. Holy Father said we won’t make heaven unless we work for humanity.  Happily God sent Powerful Angels 24/7. God protects all of his children Muslim children Christian Children Catholic children Pentecostal children ALL ARE CHILDREN OF GOD.
C N AJIE ESQ.
P.S
In Abia State right now the state party PDP is making the tenure of the female Chief Judge tiresome. The Attorney General of Abia State colluded with others in government and set up a parallel judicial service commission of Abia State  issuing orders totally disrespectful of the office of the CJ of Abia State. Please PDP kindly move to remove the AG Mr Umeh from office. He has served as AG this is his 9th year. Enough!  Many Nigerians opine PDP is perhaps more pro-gender than APC.  However, no political party should permit this anathema.

No comments:

Post a Comment