Wednesday 3 August 2016

Conceptualization of Universal Suffrage By e-Voting in NBA

You ran your first election in NBA for the first time in 2014
I contested my 1st NBA National office of the 2nd National
Assistant Secretary. At the time national officers like Branch were elected annually. In August 1992 I was set to clinch the office of AS Thanks to Great Bar Leaders at the time Sir Clem Akpamgbo,  NBA President Priscillia Kuye et al had endorsed me but for PH debacle.

In Sept 1992 I wrote to Great Bar Leaders, Chief FRA Williams SAN etc.
FRA signed a letter under his hand and asked to address the Body of Benchers on what actually happened. Prof Ben Nwabueze SAN, Chief Okpoko SAN etc were present at Shagamu Ave Ilupeju Lagos office of FRA. That was the genesis of the peace process. I could write a book.

Hitherto was the youngest NEC member (at age 4) hard work so Presidents called me to ask me if I would serve regimes plus:
NBA Lagos premier Assistant Secretary, General Secretary and Vice Chair. I contested the office of National Secretary in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008 and lost albeit gallantly to all-male co-contestants. Then in 2009 I won  LAWA Award in Georgetown University Law Center Washington DC Thanks to Mentor Maryam Mukhtar JSC (as she then was later became the first female CJN) gave her recommendation. I was awarded Leadership and Advocacy for Women in Africa 2009-2010 & successful completion of LL.M (Int'l Legal Studies) and then returned to continue advocacy campaigns. Perhaps premised on a pedigree.

In July 2014 when you contested for the first time an NBA office I asked you if you were prepared if elected for the revolution and you accepted. Thank you for accepting the concept of universal suffrage and e-voting. Within 48 hours after you won however, you were set to backtrack and I protested. Now look in the eyes of any Nigerian such as the one pictured hereto and say,  'I, Mr AO Alegeh initiated e-voting'.  Talking about integrity & 'learnedness'. See all the things you gat FoC, NBA President, Body of Benchers,  IBA Council member, NEC-NBA
Life member and so on.   Received so much as NBA President.
Y SHOULD NOT SNAFFLE LAWYERS' WELL DESERVED  CREDIT.
Thank you!
Carole Ajie

No comments:

Post a Comment