Wednesday 5 July 2017

Pyongyang's Gift to Pentagon: 2) NBA AGC Registration 2017



As you know 4th July adoption of the Declaration of Independence 1776,  Congress declared American colonies as a new nation the United States of America and were no longer part of the British Empire. US Independence is associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, concerts,  etc. Yesterday North Korea successfully tested ICBM  this long range missile with capacity to hit US. What an anniversary gift?.

Why am I showing NBA registration link? I criticize based on facts; truth is solid as the rock of Gibraltar. I said to myself  register for the conference online to see what it is about.  Internet savvy you all, NBA link brought me a page to fill my Name, Law firm, Telephone all complete. Next the form asks where I would want to collect my conference materials- To my consternation, none of NBA offices in Victoria Island Lagos or Abuja is on the list of collection centres. Inexplicable  incompetence.

Watching to see justification for the arbitrary and exorbitant fees. Asked online to pay  my conference fees of N100,000 (a hundred thousand) early bird. I proceeded to payment  prepared. I was given an option to use my credit/debit card or provide my Bank details. I was not told it is a secured site – when you pay online to IBA, ABA you are guaranteed security. Alternatively you are not told you could pay directly to a designated bank.  Question:  Are the planners aware of the existence of hackers?. None of these lawyers from Ajayi to ABM would be reckless with their bank details.  Would they pay any of these fees much more giving away bank details online without guarantee – should something happen.

Pouh! Juniors and learned children protested the astronomical increase in conference fees. The Bible says “they trample down the weak and helpless and push the poor out of the way”: Amos 2: 7  Someone said Professor Konyinsola Ajayi SAN told some people and some media that this year's conference is not for every lawyer.Only the rich?
What does the CBN-SLS Counsel know about public service?

Good morning!.
Carol Ajie Esq.
LL.B(Hons) Benin; B.L(Lagos); MCIArb(UK); LL.M (Int’l Legal Studies) Georgetown D.C.
Fellow, Leadership and Advocacy for Women in Africa (LAWA) 2010
Vital Voices Lead Fellow 2013
IBA Human Rights Africa Regional Officer 2014-2016
Empower Women  Global Champion for Change 2016-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment