Tuesday 19 September 2017

Congrats Keyamo SAN: Profound Statement for Human Rights Community!



Yesterday Monday 18th September was a day! At Yar Adua’s Centre Abuja I was there live to congratulate my Brother Festus Keyamo SAN on the occasion of the conferment of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria after several attempts.  The reception was slated for 6pm  in the  invitation card.

Dr B.C Igwilo (SAN) s reception in Chelsea  was earlier; I  was also there to congrate the Great Igwilos, some of the learned gentlemen present thereat Dodo SAN, Prof Fabian Ajogwu SAN, Justice Okeke and a host of others.

I had actually earlier been to Yar Adua’s centre at 6:35pm the Keyamo’s reception was getting set.  I got back there  two hours later but not without taking a picture you now find on my Facebook wall click where Festus Keyamo SAN is being congratulated https://web.facebook.com/carol.ajie

I presented goodwill/ Congratulatory card to the Silk. Photographs were taken. Others I met there were Dr Mrs Azinge SAN; Owonikoko SAN etc. Yusuf Ali SAN arrived after and others too numerous to mention.

Keyamo’s profound statement, TheCable online
“For me, the only honour I can do to the silk robes I adorn is to help the weak, defenceless and just..” FK
Nigeria’s John F Kennedy, Ebun Adegboruwa Esq and Authority Falana SAN and his amiable learned spouse Funmi will help please Great Guys in the Human Rights World help the struggle to get the Senate to pass the GEO Bill. Please we will uphold the obligations to keep our society safe for all women and girls and work to empower them. I enjoin NGOs and individuals to keep the focus; commit and re-dedicate to the GEO Bill.
Thank you!
Attorney Carol Ajie
Leadership and Advocacy for Women in Africa (LAWA Fellow 2009-2010) Georgetown University Law Center Washington D.C.
IBA Human Rights Africa Regional Officer 2014-2016
UN Women Empower Women Champion for Change 2016-2


No comments:

Post a Comment