Wednesday 31 October 2018

WHY I DECLINED PAUL USORO'S NOMINATION INTO NHRC - ATTORNEY AJIE


Who said Mr Usoro SAN would resign from the office of NBA President?  Those who gave ultimatum!
Ultimatum to resign deadline 26th October, 2018 Have you heard from the authors on next step? No.
Mr Usoro  if you told him last year that he was going to be the President of NBA in August this year, he’d probably ask President of NBA or President of Telecommunications Lawyers Association?.

On the 18th of October 2018, Mr Usoro SAN whom I last saw many years ago. Yes don’t be surprised that a candidate  I committed my hard earned resources to assisting, I didn’t see years prior to campaigns and I didn’t see him after campaigns and I didn’t attend his swearing in ceremony though I registered for the conference.   We talked exchanged emails and text messages. That was all.  We didn’t see at all till present.  After he was declared winner he sent text messages to the George Etomis, the Konyinsola Ajayis, the Sena Anthonys,  Ajies  to attend a victory party in VGC Lagos I got my invite I didn’t reply.

On the 18th October, 2018 Mr Usoro sent a text message to Attorney Carol Ajie thus: “I am nominating you into  the National Human Rights Commission, send your profile to me”. I said what! Ajie in Buhari’s government as National Human Rights Commissioner. Is Usoro okay?  I replied via text I do not want the nomination please. He sent one of his family members to plead with me to accept it. I said emphatic No.

Governing Council of the National Human Rights Commission?. Come to think of it. Has Buhari’s government even called for nominations.  Usoro claimed Buhari’s SGF sent him a letter to make the nominations.  I didn’t believe Buhari was keen  on  improving his human rights image.  Under President Jonathan, Jonathan was concerned genuinely concerned about his human rights posture. His AGF Adoke had nominated  Dr Chidi Odinkalu as Chair NHRC and it took  a long while,  between one to two years to get to Senate and clearing and inauguration. 

I  actually supported Odinkalu’s nomination and carried out campaigns for  NASS and Adoke to curb the delay associated with the NHRC clearing. Buhari is facing election its only two months to 2019 and would Buhari want to give time to NHRC? What if he does not return to Aso Rock that is the end of the process? And what if he returns does it appear as if he is in a hurry to correct the impressions of monumental human rights abuses in  this regime.?.

Anyway, if there are Lawyers who want the  NHRC job, please  they may contact Mr Usoro SAN.
Best regards
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment