Friday 2 November 2018

Usoro Does Not Represent Humility as Buhari Does Not Represent Anti-Corruption



On Thursday 1st Nov.,  the Day of the  Solemnity Of All Saints. I read a text on Facebook from my Brother  Barrister Ebun Olu Adegboruwa Esq., in whom am well pleased. Any reader knows I have respect for Ebun and when he applied for SAN for the first time I was hoping he would make the list. Festus Keyamo made the list Falana did Agbakoba did Adegboruwa is as good as these other progressives.

When people keep asking me to apply for Silk, I usually refer them to Ms Ayo Obe that they should ask her the former head of chambers of G O K Ajayi SAN why she refused to apply for SAN at all. I also ask they should please call Mrs Hairat Balogun Life Bencher to ask why she did not apply for SAN at all despite her busy practice. Ditto  Chief (Mrs) Kuye. Applying for SAN female Lawyers there are some unholy hurdles about SAN application and you may decide to keep your soul pure or impure. 

NOW To Ebun Adegboruwa:-  when you give an opinion do not contradict it. I give you an example many thought Paul Usoro SAN rigged the NBA election in connivance with the EC NBA and NBA leadership  under the presidency of A B Mahmoud.  Usoro SAN  was my candidate Ebun didn’t as much as tell anyone whom he voted for. It is my suspicion however that Ebun voted for Prof. Ernest Ojukwu SAN Because Femi Falana Olisa Agbakoba Okocha SAN Wole Olanipekin SAN  some former Presidents backed Ernest Ojukwu. As to A.O Okafor  SAN former Presidents who backed him JB Daudu & Okey Wali SAN.

Yesterday Thurs  I sent a text to Ebun,  he replied Friday, excerpts “Good morning Dame, ….. have not (backed) any candidate for NBA election…”.  Let’s end the quote there. I asked my good Brother Ebun  you  must have voted for an NBA  presidential candidate. Uptil now my Brother Barrister Ebun has not disclosed the name of the presidential candidate he voted for in August 2018. 

What am I getting at?. Ebun was once persecuted I said persecuted because you don’t query a Christian Lawyer who donates  part of  his or her hard earned income to his or her Church or Pastor or Priest etc. I stop there. EFCC was only bent on clamping down on Ebun because he was perceived as being overtly democratic in a regime whose mission was to turn Nigeria into a one party state. Happily that is not going to happen. I was in the front row of that costly struggle to push back autocracy and I started not in 2018 but in 2015. In July/August 2018, Femi Adesina  sponsored an article in the Nation newspaper entitled “THE RULE OF LAW IS A BITCH”.  The gravamen of the complaint – Attorney Ajie’s petition to the Whitehouse  in Dec 2015 soon after Buhari’s first media chat in Dec 2015  and she got 4,440 signatories and she submitted  her petition to US President Obama and things happened which is why SA Media Chief Femi Adesina is still wailing three years after  Ajie’s petition of Dec 2015.  As you have all observed Buhari has not conceded to  another media chat since the first chat in Dec 2015 publicized.    https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/carol-ajie-constitutional-lawyer-petitions-obama-asks-buhari-to-resign-id4516989.html

BACK TO MY BROTHER BARRISTER EBUN
Subtle Suggestion. You wrote a published article on Saturday 27th October, 2018  that the controversy over Buhari’s WAEC certificate   is needless. http://dailypost.ng/2018/10/27/buhari-doesnt-need-waec-certificate-contest-2019-adegboruwa/
On Thursday within a week of your article you wrote of the two contenders, APC’s Buhari and PDP’s Atiku thus: that one is looking for his certificate and the other is looking for visa to travel at the age of 70. 

Bros., always try not to contradict yourself  to retain respect, Brother.  Having exculpated Buhari of his certificate issues, you are not allowed to taunt him with his certificate saga again. You may however critique if you may on  issues of pernicious human rights!. Religious intolerance! Recession and Economy! Clamp Down on Voices of Dissent!  Buhari’s Fight against corruption turns out to be selective and as corrupt or perhaps more corrupt than the politicians he fights over corruption. Buhari’s Fuel Subsidy Payments.  Citizens’ Disappearances and Killings. These other issues but not WAEC cert following your exculpation pleas.

Do you know during the NBA Presidential campaigns and after it was alleged that the NBA election was rigged in favour of Paul Usoro SAN by Mahmoud’s leadership.  I did not say Usoro rigged or you paid EC NBA to rig or you paid CoS Murray to cook up the election books bcos I don’t know if such took place. And my views haven’t changed whether he is in my best books or not. I critique him on visible steps as NBA Presidt.

So you would see for example Usoro’s post-election conduct.  E.G Usoro said SGF wrote to him a letter dated 31st August 2018 to make nominations into NHRC and other statutory bodies. One of the first set of letters he would have received as NBA President perhaps.   Assuming SGF wrote on NHRC I don’t believe Usoro was asked by SGF to make nomination into NHRC. I think it a bunco for a SAN with T-challenges.  It was on 18th October, 2018 that Usoro said ‘CA I want to nominate you into the Governing Council of NHRC’. What was Usoro SAN waiting for? Assuming indeed SGF wrote to him.  He was waiting to be seen. That is  corruption. He actually said see me and I retorted “ what?!! 

Holy Moses!” That unnecessary argument went on by phone for  some weeks before he regurgitated  NHRC letter  purportedly dated 31st August 2018 on 18th October 2018.  Usoro is not a humble person.  Humility?. No!  A humble person does acquire grateful personage.
Best regards
Arrorney CN Ajie

No comments:

Post a Comment