Friday 4 March 2016

SAN RANK: "THE CLOAK DOES NOT DEFINE THE MONK"

Dear Publisher Bode Akeredolu,
First I thank you for the publication. You may be wondering why I republished your post of 22nd Feb 2016: title:  “Barrister Carol Ajie Canvasses for Legislation  to Scrap, Abolish or Ban the Rank of SAN”
That is because I have been quoted in a subsequent publication by Attorney Muyiwa, hereunder  in his article published on 1st March 2016,  nine days after your publication, that my humbleself and Pa Tunji Gomez both of us are of NBA Lagos premier Branch and we were premier Scribe at different times understandably old enough to be my Father, his learned daughter was in class with me NLS ’87

I thought I should put the record straight.
Matter of fact for the past couple of years Pa Tunji Gomez formed a group entitled “ABOLISH SAN” presently in Lagos.  For the avoidance of doubt I was invited twice to apply for SAN by extremely high personnel and I politely didn't apply. Pa Gomez has NEVER applied for SAN.  Jide Ogundipe Esq who once combated Rickey Tarfa over bribery and corruption charges Jide Ogundipe at Catholic Mission Street Lagos NEVER applied for SAN and if invited to take Nigerian Silk his reply might be predictable. I, HAVE NEVER applied for SAN. 

All of these names have brand names the Pa Tunji Gomez the Jide Ogundipes. Great guys Gani Fawehinmi SAN Femi Falana SAN applied several times perhaps 7 times before the LPPC. 
All Lawyers are equal and should not be subjected to discrimination and segregation, apartheid having been banned practices that tend to resurrect it are outmoded.
And you know, surely the cloak does not define the monk.
Thank you!
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment