Friday 29 January 2016

Sum Due for Repatriation Mr President Buhari, Is it $750M? Country of Repatriation is.....?



Friday 29th Jan., 2016

Mr President Buhari,

Transparency is a virtue a regime who professes to fight corruption should honour.

Months after you assumed office I got hints from a consortium of lawyers in Nigeria working with counterparts in USA to retrieve $1.5Billion (One Billion Five Hundred Thousand Naira) of Abacha’s loot from the United States  of America to Nigeria. The lawyer said a Federal Court in US already completed the assets forfeiture proceedings. They asked me if I was Mr. Malami’s classmate  in the University or at the law school and I said No.  They asked me if I had Mr Malami’s phone number and if I could call him. I said I am so sorry I am not going to call Minister Malami I have his number for the simple fact that I don’t  call serving public officers not known to me in NBA, as a policy.  Ministers of Justice his predecessors were known to me in the Nigerian Bar Association. I said however, IRS Isiaku Rabiu is owing my client $2million and before he became AGF Malami, was his lawyer & responded on behalf of the debtor, IRS.

Weeks after another lawyer was discussing Law our common ground and when this matter was raised ie the repatriation of USD1.5Billion,  and a meeting had been requested by the consortium, a member of the  said consortium of lawyers  said the US contact had actually gone ahead to see the presidency referring to your presidency in respect of the matter of repatriation/recovery of the said funds ($1,5Billion).

Next I was to read this report that $750million was about being repatriated. http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/01/well-soon-recover-750m-abacha-loot-iboris-6-9m-says-malami/

Mr President nowhere was it stated source or country of repatriation in any of the circulated report  and why is it that your regime announced  the sum of $750million without disclosing to the public the country  the repatriated sum is being expected?  

Please what exactly is going on right now? Are there hawks or what? And why are we fighting past regime’s corruption when we are hiding the full details of important transactions? President Jonathan’s regime disclosed country of repatriation and sums.

Why is President Buhari in the habit of hiding things. PMB refused to disclosed to the public despite several inquiries  from journalists and also at your maiden media chat 30th Dec what you have recovered thus far from the anti-graft exercise and you rested it on judicial proceedings until the court cases finish. The court cases are not going to finish Sir in the next decade and what becomes of the enormous cash in your hands?

Please your Excellency lead by example fight this graft war with sincerity and honesty as stated in Guardian Law page 44 on Tuesday  26th Jan., 2016 
Respectfully submitted,
Attorney Carol Ajie

Copy to Justice Minister Malami SAN

No comments:

Post a Comment