Monday 25 July 2016

NBA Election: Rigging Not a Legacy a Law Society Should Promote!

The Great Zik Obi II, Zik of Africa! Zikism, the Great Pan-Africanist
I am glad to read from your great desk and to see the Great Silk Ken Mozia  accepting to take steps to rectify and ensure your name is on the voters list Sir. 

Sir, between 2012 and 2014 Mr Augustine Alegeh SAN was the Chairman of NBA Documentation and Database Committee. Perhaps before because it was actually in 2011 that he was appointed into NEC by the then NBA President JB Daudu SAN. I was first appointed into NEC in 1990 two decades before Alegeh made NEC I already was I am not his senior at the Bar and didn’t threaten him with it. I also made my first IBA conference in Cancun Mexico in  2000  2001 he made his first IBA annual conference in 2015 Vienna, fifteen years after. Did I threaten him with it?.  All the time I contested election in NBA 2000-2008, Mr Alegeh was not an NBA person known in any branch.  When I was National Co-ordinator of Midwest Bar Forum for years and Albert Akpomudje SAN was Forum Chairman where was Alegeh SAN?  Why threaten anyone over filthy lucre? Isn’t he an opportunist?. Can he not see that a Lawyer with a network and contact not worshiping money, difference between a dark angel and a light angel.

He has deprived NBA of a database that produced NBA Stamps and seal what we thought should be a legacy for anyone. He would rather the NBA Building project was launched cos there is kudi owo ego there, our NBA building contractor, Executive Chairman of Tratrix Engineering Co Alegeh under Gov Uduaghan won some construction contracts in Delta State. My Brother-in-law (my blood sister Dr Gloria’s) Patrick Ferife was Commissioner Land and Urban Development under Dr Uduaghan. Did they see me for one day come to look for contract? NO, NEVER!

Mr Alegeh if you have Prof Itse Sagay’s number if you don’t I could sms it to you please may call him to ask if I have taken advantage being a Great Uncle and Mentor since his appointment as PACAC Chair.  Look I lived in his house on campus with Auntie Shiela his amiable wife and family when he was Dean Faculty of Law UNIBEN. Mogbeyi Sagay SAN of blessed memory was also trained by him. So also Miss Tonne Sagay.

When Article 8(5)(iv) of the NBA Constitution  stated that the NBA President should give direction and leadership to all committee the rules did not envisage  rigging e-votes as it is not a legacy a law society should promote. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/nba-elections-dont-anointed-candidates-alegeh-san/
 Thank you.
CA



From: "Zik Obi zedceeobi@gmail.com [OurCountryNigeria]" <OurCountryNigeria@yahoogroups.ca>
To: "OurCountryNigeria@yahoogroups.ca" <OurCountryNigeria@yahoogroups.ca>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: [OurCountryNigeria] ECNBA Chair Mozia: 'I am Not Anybody's Puppet'!

Good evening Dame Carol,

I appreciate Mr. Ken Mozia's explanations. If the NBA elected officials had been up and doing, there would have been a complete lawyers database in existence long before now which the Election Committee would have used and will not now be saddled with the compilation or updating of a Voters Register to be used in an election that is meant to take place in less than a week's time. Any lawyer who applied to the NBA stamps and received them, would definitely have provided to the NBA Secretariat his or her Full names, Enrolment number, Office Address, Email address and Telephone number and the President and the General Secretary of NBA should have ensured that they were used to have a complete database of ALL the lawyers who supplied all the necessary information as far back as a year ago and updated them this year based on the payment of current Practicing Fees and Branch Dues in March this year. In my own case, I have been issued with NBA Stamps that are valid till March 2017 and with a 2016 Practicing Licence a few days ago and yet my name is not on the Voters Register! 

I will like to know from Mr. Mozia why my name is still not on the Voters Register as at 11.55 pm tonight when the Election Committee informed me by email from NBA of July 7 @ 2.41 pm in response to my complaint, that my complaint "has been resolved" & my response of July 7 @ 7.53 pm informing them that I am yet to find my name on the Voters Register.(The emails are reproduced below again for easy reference.) 

Best regards.

Zik Obi

No comments:

Post a Comment